Aquasora has led numerous projects in both the public sector and private enterprise. A selection of these projects includes:
Technical and Business Analysis
Aquasora was engaged to review a Federal Government Agency’s existing internet presence, as it maintained two externally facing websites, and provide an analysis and recommendation to transition to a consolidated website and CMS.
This project included the assessment of existing website infrastructure, the evaluation of the Agency’s proposal to amalgamate the two disparate hosting solutions, and provision of a recommendation to provide the Agency with a suitable platform and pathway to achieve the desired web-based communication model.
Aquasora led the transition of operational functions from a Federal Government Agency to a newly formed operational Agency within the parent Agency’s portfolio. The consultant led the analysis and formation of the business case/proposal through to the creation of project teams, program schedule, risk management and governance frameworks, and oversaw critical milestones of the multiple sub-projects.
In addition to this functional transition program, Aquasora was also engaged to provide procurement consulting services for the acquisition of function-specific systems.
Managed Hosted Service
The project incorporated the design, configuration and supply of a managed hosting service to support the operation of an Enterprise Facilities Management System for a large tertiary health facility.
System Design and Configuration
- Design of the system’s architecture – underpinned by virtual servers for each of the processing functions of the Facilities Maintenance System software
- Establish the hosted environment – server components including application, database, reporting, NAS storage, test, and domain controller; and backup and storage management including both on and off site backup solutions.
- Facilitate the cloud infrastructure, operating system software licensing, and provide management, maintenance and systems support, as well as systems refresh of the hosted environment.
Aquasora was engaged to provide a Principal Consultant to maintain a key position in the ICT Portfolio Management Office and the Strategic Vendor Management and Sourcing teams of a large Federal Government Agency.
The consultant was responsible for providing strategic direction and advice regarding the engagement and management of external ICT suppliers and business partners, procurement execution, contract management, preparing key procurement artefacts, and engaging internal and external stakeholders.
Web Content Migration
A Federal Government Agency engaged Aquasora to provide specialist consulting services to manage the migration of the main agency and the Minister’s and Parliamentary Secretary’s externally facing websites’ content from legacy open source system to a more functionally rich and better supported platform. In facilitating the shift to a MS SharePoint site, Aquasora was responsible for :
- Managing the project from analysis through to release to production
- Providing the technical architecture to support internet platform
- Configuring the MS SharePoint Platform
- Defining the approach and executing content migration
Aquasora was engaged to provide a Technical Post Implementation Review and recommendations for remediation and improvement of a Federal Government Agency’s communication gateway, which provides online access to a range of the Agency’s business applications. The consultant was responsible to review and make recommendations on the gateway’s architecture, design, maintenance, and support tools and approaches that need to be addressed, its interaction and interfaces with other systems, and the strengths and weaknesses of the gateway and capacity to support the Agency’s requirements.